Friday, October 26, 2012

Merchandise By The Dashboard Lights



From the WaPo:
Meat Loaf endorses Romney in Ohio
Posted by Philip Rucker on October 25, 2012 at 10:24 pm

DEFIANCE, Ohio – Meat Loaf bestowed a meandering endorsement upon Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney here Thursday night, making what the hard rock icon said was his first move on the political stage.

The singer, who rose to fame in the 1970s with his power ballads, performed a short concert at a high school football stadium in Defiance to rally some 12,000 supporters before Romney came on stage to give a speech.

Meat Loaf performed a few songs familiar to his most devoted fans; his most famous hit, “I’d Do Anything for Love (But I Won’t Do That),” didn’t make the cut. And then, with dramatic flair and wearing a sparkly black ensemble, explained why he was getting behind Romney’s candidacy.
...

Wingnut Base: Will you love me forever?

Mittens: Let me sleep on it.

Wingnut Base: Will you love me forever!!!!

Mittens: Let me sleep on it!!

I think we all remember how this ends...

6 comments:

blackdaug said...

Wow. It is really amazing how, as I read the various celebs coming out for Mittens...the list coincides with either: "People I always hated to begin with"...or "People I didn't give a shit about".
Meatloaf, strangely enough, being a member of both of those groups simultaneously...
When I was but a wee daug, true rock aficionados would often vomit at the fat pop voice pretending to be an actual "rock star".
Pop was to us..as light to vampires. We longed to beat "Loaf" senseless with Clapton or Page's guitar.
"Hard Rock Icon?.."
...I guess..if you were a teenage girl...and had know idea what "hard rock" entailed..


Alatea said...

Mitt has Meatloaf and Obama has Bruce. I think that says it all.

Anonymous said...

Seriously? Hard rock icon?

Jethro Tull is hard rock. Meat Loaf left his dick out in the rain.

Maybe if Willard sneaks into the WH poor Meat Loaf will get gigs at better county fairs.

Cinesias said...

I've never liked Meatloaf's music. It's fucking god awful.

He and Rmoney deserve each other.

jurassicpork said...

Where are the bayonets? We need bayonets, damn you!!!

David said...

Where are the bayonets? We need bayonets